View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #56
djday45
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I think it is presumptuous to give someone advice who didn't ask for any.

I also find this to be a bit contradictory itself. You say "feel" is more more important than science in the game, but then go on to say how important testing (science) is.

It's all a mathematical representation of boxing, thus I would say the science is the important bit. I suppose the expected performance would involve some "feel", but there's a lot of logic and science to the whole package.

I have run millions of rounds to test various theories about how the game system works . .what effect does two points of HP have? what percentage of wins does a fighter of one level get against others? Does KO: 0 really do as much as it should?
I don't need to be talked down to.

I suppose I don't need to do this given the rest of this post, but I obviously don't agree.

Erm excuse me, I wasant talking down to you in the slightest, you seem to be in quite an agressive mood so im going to choose my words carefully, If you dont like or have no use for the ratings thats fine but pls dont keep posting on this thread in an agressive manner, I havent got the time or the energy to reply and I wont in future. what i will say is that the vast majority of guys here appreciate each other, they might not always agree but they appreciate the effort people put in. You wont find me berating people on other threads about their lack of understanding just because they dont agree with me, as i said boxing is a game of opinions and so by extension is title bout.

As I said all im doing here is providing alternative ratings, Ive not only just started doing it ive been involved here for a long time as many others will attest to, im NOT trying to say my ratings are better than anyone elses just that they work for ME.

And lastly im trying to give my thinking behind such ratings category by category post by post, both because thats makes the thread a bit unique and also it increases knowledge or both the fighters and the game and encourages discussion and debate im not here to get involved in flames and i refuse to.

I will debate with you the attributes of any boxer from history in a relaxed and friendly manner and respect your opinion but as soon as you make it personal i will shut down and not reply.

anyway back to the boxing lol.

Last edited by djday45; 07-28-2008 at 10:52 AM.
djday45 is offline   Reply With Quote