Thread: Strangeverse
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 03:58 PM   #175
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

2075 Season (5/13 – 5/15)

Houston Dynamo (18-19, .486, 3rd AL West) @ Los Angeles Lakers (22-15, .595, 1st NL West)
More interleague silliness, this time against the Houston Dynamo – who get bonus points for having a leadoff hitter named Sfinx. You don’t see that every day. Houston has the 4th rated offense in the AL and the 6th rated pitching – so they are essentially a more balanced version of the Portland Timbers, built to survive, not necessarily to win. They are 6-4 for their last ten contests including three blowout wins against the Chicago Fire, Golden State Warriors, and San Francisco 49ers, respectively. They are led by SS Rich Bell – the 26-year old out of New Mexico State is batting .356 so far this season – and longtime Dynamo member 1B Danny Green – he’s been a mainstay since 2062 and is the all-time Dynamo leader in games played (1636), hits (1675), and home runs (322). Their cupboards are bare – 19th ranked AAA system – so if they are going to make a run at it this season, they’ll need to make & win some trades before the deadline.

38 of 162: Thomas Deane (3-1, 3.52) @ Case Tunnell (1-1, 4.83)
Otto gets HR’s 12 & 13, and Tunnell pitches 8.2 innings of shutout baseball in the 5-0 game one win over the Houston Dynamo. Isaac finished 3 for 3 with 2 HR and 4 RBI, and Ethan Mullens hit his 10th double of the season. Case is the story here – improves to 2-1 and pitched his longest outing of the year by one batter. It will be interesting to see if Houston is willing to pitch to Otto in the last two games of the set – after today, they should seriously consider adopting the Portland strategy.

Name:  Game 38 Win.PNG
Views: 98
Size:  124.1 KB

Name:  Game 38 Perf.PNG
Views: 107
Size:  40.2 KB

39 of 162: Hunter Lamb (3-4, 5.32) @ Josiah Kawka (5-1, 2.94)
Hunter Lamb was anything but an oxymoron on the mound today – he carried a one-hitter through the 6th and went 7 innings with no runs allowed in Houston’s 2-0 in Los Angeles. In total we get six hits, two each for Newman and Cooke (one was a double) and leave three runners stranded in scoring position & a total of 10 left on base. Pepper goes 0 for 3 with an error and Otto was silenced in an 0 for 4 performance.

Elsewhere: Phoenix RF Preston Wallace went 5 for 5 in a 10-1 over the Portland Timbers for the Suns. I traded for him last year – seems like an ok move in retrospect.

Name:  Game 39 Loss.PNG
Views: 98
Size:  96.9 KB

40 of 162: Cleveland Cornejo (2-3, 5.82) @ Julen Morales (4-2, 3.13)
Former thorn in my side, Cleveland Cornejo gave up three costly home runs (Otto (14), Zarate (3), and Somma (1) all got to him today) and Pepper added another in the bottom of the 8th to put us up for good (his 6th of the season) in a hard-fought 7-6 home victory. Zarate was huge – 3 for 3, a HR, and 3 RBI, and Otto’s 2-run shot made the most out of his only hit. Mullens stole third and three of our runs came in 2-out situations. A nice series win – we had to gut this one out.

Elsewhere: Compton’s Rad Taylor is now on a 2-game losing streak and has given up 10 runs in his last 17 innings of work, 5 to Austin and 5 more to the San Jose Sharks. Conversely, Newton Weiser is 1-1 over the same stretch and has only allowed 2 runs over 13.2 innings of work – including 7 innings of lockdown pitching against San Jose is a 4-1 Compton win.

Name:  Game 40 Win.PNG
Views: 106
Size:  133.3 KB

Name:  Game 40 Perf.PNG
Views: 130
Size:  38.7 KB

We’ve now come out on top in our last two series – and with Phoenix headed to town for four games, I need our guys to lay on the gas a bit more. This one is a little personal to me. We took 2 of 3 off of them to start the season, which felt wonderful, but I want a 4-game dismantling here. Destruction. I want to raze the castle that I built – let them eat cake!

Last edited by pauwoo; 05-20-2019 at 09:53 AM.
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote