View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #32
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I was rather surprised when July 31 came and went without the New York Giants dealing away Derek Jeter. Jeter's awful defensive rating of 36 has him serving as a backup to Jonathon Villar and he's not faring well in that role. He's hovered around the .200 mark for the season and he's not getting many opportunities to right the ship. I kind of wish Milwaukee/St Louis would have held onto Derek, as in the AL he could at least serve as a designated hitter. I'm anxious to see what happens this off season.

As mentioned above the Chicago White Sox sit atop the AL. One player for the White Sox that I can't quite figure out is Joe DiMaggio. DiMaggio got off to a really nice start in 1903 and I figured it was going to be a breakout season. Instead, Joe returned to what can only be called "blah" He isn't awful, but he's not anything special either. In fact, his brother Dom has outshined him so far. Dom is batting leadoff for the New York Highlanders. He's hovered right around the .300 mark for the entire 1903 season.

Then there's Ted Williams. Williams is a rookie playing for the Chicago Cubs. He's hitting 3rd in the lineup. His average is up to .250 for the season and he's showing flashes of power, but he's not what you would call splendid yet.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote