View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 09:15 AM   #36
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPinrose View Post
Also, I'm going to quote this again:

Manual-
"Whether you are scouting major leagues, minor leagues, internationally, or amateurs, the basic output is the same: individual scouting reports for the scouted players. However, [b/]when scouting internationally[b], there is also a possibility that your scouting team will turn up a "hidden player," someone from abroad who other teams are not yet aware of. When this happens, you will have a chance to sign the player before any other team.

This "hidden player" feature is an option that can be enabled or disabled during game creation in the Player Options section of the Game Options page. After a game has been created, you can adjust it by navigating to OOTP Menu >> Game Setup >> Player & Picture Options.

If hidden players are disabled, you can still scout internationally, but you will only receive individual scouting reports, and will not be able to find hidden players."

How to parse this paragraph? It's vague because "scouting internationally" can be taken as general scouting outside your country or it can mean using the international scouting budget. Personally, given the context and the preceding sentence, I think it's the latter. So I disagree that discoveries are scouted as amateurs. If someone can point to some authority (manual or Dev post) that states they are scouted as amateurs I will happily agree and apologize.
what he is saying, is this no longer appears to be the case,
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote