View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 01:13 AM   #34
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

In my experience vs. those gold cards, Jim Gilliam is really like a .500 hitter against my teams, of course this is only when he comes up in replays, & often it's highlights, but he comes up a lot. In fact I adjusted the average down in all likelihood. The other gold card that I was impressed by was Paul Blair. They play just a little differently than diamonds & perfects. Even in perfect when they are on a nice run, they can be just as good but maybe don't have those runs quite as often ... maybe ...or maybe there are some gold cards that are better than most diamonds.

In my experience on my team, yes, Puckett, Gwynn...Strawberry when he's not hitting .200, has an excellent "RBI:Hits" ratio since when he does hit the ball he puts it in play hard, ripped Gwynn's glove right off his hand in a WC game...Alfonzo a fine back-up 2B...and that's Mets-tilted so he's an 87....I suppose

& Paul Blair got a really big hit against my team on a very good team (if they know their stuff), in a playoff game...right behind perfects like Ted Williams.

I'm noticing the luck involved in it more than anything right now.

Even if you do find the perfect card or perfect gold card, doesn't put an end to your own (and your team's) ups & downs, and hots and colds.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 09-17-2019 at 01:20 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote