View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 11:22 AM   #12
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post

If I have offended anyone on them, it has never been my intention to do so. My stadium request here may be preposterous, as you say, Cole, or not, but I'm still not sure I can produce this stadium well enough and all, you see.
I am not offended. I am just merely trying to guide you to not set yourself up for disappointment by thinking these requests are reasonable.

If you cannot produce the stadium yourself, or find something already created that fits the bill, such is life, you won't be able to have custom stadiums for your league. You need to come to terms with that. OOTP for years didn't even have 3D stadiums and somehow we all managed.

The problem with your request is that yes, it's one stadium. But based on your track record, IF and that's a BIG IF in this case, it got fulfilled, you would want changes/adjustments, on very minute details. Then if it was done to your liking, you would request a 2nd stadium, a 3rd stadium, a 4th, etc. You even say in your post above you are planning to eventually ask for stadiums for all your major league teams and THEN your minor league ones too. I hope you can see how this is absolutely too much to ask of any one person, or the community at large.

And I'm sure at some point you would come up with a new league, a new idea, a new addition to Slaabovia that now requires new stadiums or a different direction.

And not to offend, but you strike me as the type of person who might not even be able to stick with a league long term. You commonly post about new ideas and leagues you want to start and it just seems like you are often working in dozens of different directions. So there's even less likelihood of someone doing all that work for you when it may not even be used long term.

Yes, it's slightly more bearable that you have learned to at least request things one at a time, but that doesn't make it any better really considering the requests are going to be seemingly indefinite.

I get that you have AS and I have sympathy for that. I know it can be difficult, but... you had Eugene Church who did a LOT to help you out with your league and was really trying to help you. He expressly told you not to ask for 3D stadiums as it's way too much to ask, yet you still did so.

Quote:
And I think others have requested fictional stadiums before on these boards, or been provided the means to do so before, but not entirely sure about that yet.
There have been requests, but they are extremely rare as compared to say the logo/graphics forum. Also the difference is if someone makes a request it's generally something that will benefit the community at large (say a remake of a real-life stadium). Your requests for a stadium here are literally only going to benefit you. Additionally, the requests of others I don't think are as intricately detailed as yours.

Again, I'm not trying to offend you CD, I'm just growing wearing of seeing you repeatedly put forward these types of requests and in the case of stadiums - ultimately setting yourself up to be disappointed.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote