View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 10:07 PM   #70
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Ok, obviously the no-money crowd still has too much envy to hear how the rest of the player base feels about the game. This is certainly one aspect of the game that has not changed from version 19. See you next year.
I play in a FTP league because I like a well-defined ruleset in terms of resources. I like maximizing performance under limited resources; that's how I play games like this. Others like playing the game under an absolutist point of view, and going to be the best if the best. I think that's interesting but it's just not my cup of tea.

That we have different preferences for style of play is totally irrelevant. Good game design caters to the needs of the entire playerbase. I don't even particularly care if a league of champions meant my F2P team getting stomped. It's the principle of an accessible and recognized next level that is interesting to me, and to lots of players.

Why do you think people like Valve and Riot and Blizzard fund big fancy million dollar tournaments? Even for players that will *never* reach that level, it provides a goal to strive for. When I play hearthstone and play competitively, I have something to strive for that has motivated me both when I played F2P amd when I turned the corner and invested a bit more to be competitive. The endgame chaser is an important feature in F2P game design. And for a game like this where money does help be directly competitive if you know how to use it, it's even more relevant.

If you want to speak from perspective as a whale, that's okay, I understand that's how you like playing the game. But useful game design feedback should cater to a much broader playerbase than your personal experience.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote