View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #15
Lucas718
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post

Help me understand. Are you saying career batting average? He has not quite 3 seasons worth of stats based on games played and his cumulative career BA has fluctuated wildly. Are you saying that his future stats will be manipulated to stay close to his current CBA of 0.278? If not then please elaborate. That doesn't make sense to me.
What I'm saying is when the game creates a player, it creates a stats baseline for him. Open any player and click on the editor tab and you'll see the stats line which will give you an idea of what to expect from a player in a given year discounting things like park effects, aging, and any of the other modifiers.

My opinion, based on what I've seen, is that if a player has a year that significantly deviates from that stats baseline, then you can expect a statistical correction to follow that will bring him back closer to those baseline stats.

I haven't examined this too closely to say for sure this is what is going on, but it seems to explain what I've seen. I did just look at a newly created international free agent that my scout just emailed me about. He's only 16, so his baseline stats are incredibly low - so maybe these numbers change over time. Again, I haven't really examined it that closely.

Last edited by Lucas718; 03-13-2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added info about the rookie
Lucas718 is offline   Reply With Quote