View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 09:12 PM   #501
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I don't know if my story will have its first draft completed by the end of November, but we'll have to see. I'm still in the process of working on chapter three. I'm not officially participating in NaNoWriMo, but I still am going to see if I can write at least 50,000 words by the end of November for this story.

I might also change the name of the story, but we'll have to see how the rest of it continues to develop as I continue to write it. Just because it may be called "The Journey" now, that doesn't mean that it will keep that title, of course, seeing as I'm not yet to a second draft, at least, for it. Much, if not all, of the rest of November will likely be spent working on the story, quite possibly. After that, who knows, but our Lord and our God, obviously.

I would like to lock down a lot of details, if possible, related to Slaabovia and/or its native language of Slaabinese, at least, by the beginning of July 2020, for it will have been roughly thirty years, off and on, since I first began work on developing the fictional nation or nations related or associated with it, et cetera, if memory serves, sometime on or around July 4, 1990. Ever since, I have worked on developing it and related details for it and certain other nations, I'm sure, although I've probably lost access to certain related notes and/or files periodically over roughly the last 25-30 years, more or less, for various reasons, including certain moving processes at least a couple of times since then.

At the time I first started developing or thinking of creating a nation like this, I had gone to a camp in northeast Minnesota, or was about to, or was already there. I spent part of June and July of 1990 at that camp, and we had a day of events at that camp, where various cabins participated in various contests against each other, much like the Olympics, if memory serves, on the 4th of July. It was at this time that I made a fictional flag, although I probably no longer have that first card or whatever it was that I sketched it out on, and I believe I started imagining what might be the case for the related country and/or other associated countries.

After I got back from camp, I think I began to try and further develop things for that country, and I have periodically tried to further develop it and/or related details as much as I can, as best as I can, ever since. Of course, along the way, I've probably lost access to certain notes, images, and/or computer files, for various reasons, but that probably was unavoidable at times, I think.

Will write more later, I'm sure, if possible and all. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote