View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
baseballandhockeyrock
Minors (Single A)

I have played Diamond Mind Baseball and OOTP for at least 15 years and have never found a more complete league. I am a long time member of their cash hockey league (www.new.brhl.net) and had absolutely no reservations joining their cash baseball league. One of the best things is the daily SIMS, one day, one game. If real life gets in the way you don't miss much. There is a 125 man roster limit. Afraid of guys hoarding players, not here. We use a 40 man roster and options. Each team has a AAA, AA, and A team. If you want to be active with the minor leagues you can, if not no big deal. Some guys do, some don't. Another way to keep guys from hoarding players is our Rule V draft. In the off season we have a 10 round amateur draft which includes guys drafted in the 2019 Major League Draft and international signees that signed in the period ending July 1, 2019. This makes Marco Luciano available in our upcoming amateur draft. I drafted Kumar Rocker prior to him ever throwing a college pitch. Will Jack Leiter be drafted this year, tend to believe yes. One rule is any free agents can't be signed to a major league or minor league contract unless he hits 23 in this calendar year. If you know of a younger college player, JC guy or a high school guy that was drafted last year later in the draft and you consider him a sleeper chances are he is available in this draft (can't give an example, don't want to give a guy away).

I believe 20 GM's received cash prizes last year. As for Slack there are 14 channels, some of which are administrative. Both hockey and baseball have the main channel, trades blocks, completed trades and drafts, while there is also sports, general and politics. The politics channel can get pretty passionate with both American and Canadian politics. We are currently debating gun control. If you feel that a rookie QB should start from day one and not hold a clipboard, we have had that debate in the sports channel.

Larry
Mets
baseballandhockeyrock is offline   Reply With Quote