View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 01:02 AM   #32
3fbrown
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnov View Post
I haven't found any one particular thing to change in the settings, and I've only made it thru 1 flawed random debut season myself. The cause may simply be the AIs drafting the most talented player on the board based on whatever scouting values you are using. I know when I am drafting, I follow a similar strategy -- best available athlete -- but I then look to trade my largess to fill a position I need.
Maybe you can consider loosening up your AI trading frequency a bit.
Although in the one instance you mentioned, most of the time a CF is transportable to a corner OF slot; but if they are simply rotting on the bench, maybe it's a flaw in the game's AI engine.
They did move some of those guys to corner OF - Burks and Anderson are there now. But Edmonds and Lofton were CF only. I will say that the AI is far too reluctant to teach guys new positions. Often there will be a player (I am thinking of another long-time Pirate here, Howard Johnson) that can hit, but plays their position so poorly that they aren't worth much. Teaching an infielder like that to play 1st base would solve the problem, but they don't do it.

By the way, Kenny Lofton finally was traded in 1995, sadly not to me.

Last edited by 3fbrown; 01-26-2020 at 01:04 AM. Reason: typo
3fbrown is offline   Reply With Quote