View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 07:09 PM   #4
moore4807
All Star Starter

@Spiff - its not "nobody" seems to accept differing opinions, but you also need to realize that OOTP has endured the criticisms before across the range of their products, Jim Gindin has done the same with his company Solcismic. Now they joined forces - WHAT exactly were you expecting? and WHY??? is my "different" opinion.

I've been through all 20 of OOTP versions and saw nearly every possible slipup and mistake they made, and what made me a believer was that through EVERY one of those "Oops" was that OOTP stuck it out, apologized and turned out a continually evolving superior product. I played the first couple editions of FOF and liked it, So since Solcismic was also successful for 10 years with multiple products, why not now they have joined forces??? Because they are taking longer?

Go buy FOF-8 then and get the 8.2 update to tide you over. It's not unreasonable, though its not optimal either, I'll agree. You get nothing but older every day and the goal should to become wiser and kinder as you age... <grin> I've been practicing that on my end...