View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #189
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Where I am at

Have yet to paste together the data for the normalized chart, but I have a minute to bang this note out.

The HOF process I love. I will tweek the MVP/CYA value to give added weight to CYA and reducing the MVP for HOFm calculations since OOTP does not allow pitchers to win MVP.

Also, the First Ballot selection process, while not changing, will result in fewer players actually entering in their first year of eligibility. The end result will be the same, but the number of players entering in their first year of eligibility was not reflecting RL.

Aside from that, the algorithm is ready to go.

I have enlisted the help of a programmer friend (who has tolerated my incessant ramblings about this project over the last year) to be my code monkey (a term of endearment, not derision).

Work has started on automating the contraction process. That is simpler than the HOF algorithm, so I thought it was best to get this operational before getting into the HOF code. My friend does not play baseball sims, but is kind enough to offer assistance to me, here. I am taking it faster than Sammy Sosa forgets English in front of Congress.

I will post the normalized chart and a few other things. Then, I will get back to playing this game.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote