View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #93
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring Standings and Season Predictions

We've struggled a bit during the spring but the purpose of Spring Training is to explore your abilities and refine your skills. Le Diamant puts a lot of effort into bringing us along in our careers and that's why I don't want to be traded.
There is an emerging group of under the wire baseball fans who are beginning to use prior statistics to predict future outcomes. Our hitting coach for the Bandits (Kevin Smith) told me all about it. At first I kind of laughed, but he showed us some really good stuff. Kevin says it will be a long time before we fully understand how to use baseball data to make decisions. He promised he'd keep me up on the latest developments.
I told him, 'no problem, I've got plenty of other stuff to worry about with just my game.' He said, 'that's just it Julien, we may be able to use this information to help you with your game.' I'm not sure I really get it but I'm definitely open to anything that will improve my approach to baseball.
I included an example of what this group of statistical guys formulated about the upcoming season. There are a lot of 'ifs' but we'll see how close they come to getting it right.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote