View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
RomanCaesar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am a GM in this league and wanted to add that its a fantastic league. If you did a list of what you're looking for in a league, this meets it.

1) Does it sim on time? Its like clockwork on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursdays. I am actually surprised if a sim isn't up within 30 minutes of the starting time, unlike other leagues where often sims are hours late, or just pushed back.

2) Will this league be around more than a few seasons? This league has been around for 20+ seasons with the current version going on season 9.

3) Do i have a chance to win/rebuild with any team? We have had 6 different champions in 8 seasons. With a reasonable budget spread, a great incentive program and a good balance of game sliders you will see teams work their way up and down the standings based on their hard work and smarts. One of the lowest budget teams (the Pirates) made the World Series two seasons ago, and won the NL central last year.

4) Josh (the commish) mentioned we will likely be switching to OOTP 15 in time. What is nice about his every other year thinking is not only are you not forking over the $40 every year but in the past he did wait until it was half off either with the all-star break deal, or the post season deal.

I could go on why i like this league, but the bottom-line is the commish is fair, sims on time, rarely takes a break, built a system that gives everyone a shot, has a nice built site, and the GMs are very active. I hope anyone interested in a league gives this one a shot
RomanCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote