View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 12:03 AM   #123
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

...ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS!!!!

YES! Finally, one Stanley Cup before I die. GLORIA! Blue World Order 4 Life, baby!

Next best thing to winning the Cup? Seeing that punk Marchand cry.. Nice of the Blues to give a gift to the rest of the non-Boston NHL fandom, huh? May the tears give you life.

Never thought they could do it after Game 6. These guys never did it the easy way, but they did it. Gotta love this team.

Updated list of personal saviors:

1) Jesus Christ
1a) Jordan Binnington

O'Reilly did deserve the Smythe more, though. Binnington had too many games where he came out flatter than a week-old Pepsi there towards the end, but he got it done when it counted.

Nothing better than winning a Cup. Maybe Toronto or Buffalo or Vancouver, or one of the other long-suffering teams will get it done in the next few years. Good luck, but for now, victory is dressed in Blue.
Never thought I'd see the day....

before game 1, I was just hoping for a good series where we didn't get swept or embarrassed... got the hard fought series and then some.... kudos to the Bruins for a great finals... looking forward to being in downtown St Louis this Saturday with a million or so others for the parade

and I finally got to touch this damned thing that's been on my shelf for 20 years.... back in 1999, Labatts Blue gave away mini Stanley Cup replicas with various logos of each team.... picked one up with the Blues logo and stuck it on a shelf (with some other Blues giveaway stuff from previous games/years) and told myself I couldn't touch it again until they win it all.... had to dust it off a bit last night but it made for a fun little pic (made it my social media profile pic for now) wife and I popped a bottle of champagne in the waning seconds of the 3rd period and poured a wee shot in the top of our mini cup to drink from it...
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote