View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 02:23 AM   #31
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Talking

First off, the game is very good...

BUT, as I mostly play current day NHL games, I have to say the trade AI can just drive you up the walls...

There can be plenty of examples given but one i came across in my latest save is just the off the charts...

the Wild get G Henrik Lundqvist now 36 on a 8.5mil a year contract for 3 more years with a 3.5star ability and 3.5 star potential (which is declining at this stage AND a 21 year old C with 0.5 ability and 1.5 potential

and the Rangers get LW Niederrieter now 26 on a 5.25mil a year contract for 4 years, 3.5 ability and 3.5 potential AND a 19 year old G with 0.5 star ability and 1.5 potential....

As for current logic the trade is fairly equal....

BUT the Wild already have a G Dubnyk who is 32, on a 4.33 a year contract for the next 3 years and is 4.5 star ability and 4.5 potential... and they have G Raanta who is 29 on a 3 year 3.35 mil contract with 2 star ability and 2.5 potential and are waiving him... not even trading away for a pick but waiving...
the team is now 1.8mil over the cap hit and lost a starting 1st/2nd line wing in prime for a backup goalie and created itself cap issues...

And this is in pre season! no injury to the main keeper.

In the Current day NHL every AI GM ends up doing these types of trades...

By year 4/5 every team is over the cap limit and is placing stars on the TB and is buying out guys.

the fact that you can trade 2star potential players on expiring contract in early june for mid to late 1st round picks is stupid, i have to force myself not to do it as initially I found it great but I ended up one year with 12 first round picks....

at the Trade deadline there seem to be no seller and buyers, nobody trying "plan ahead with the cap" in mind...

If this gets fixed, the game will be 5 star...

rant over...

Last edited by tk43; 04-08-2018 at 02:57 AM.
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote