View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
thehef
Hall Of Famer

VG - Those are all interesting questions, but I'm not sure why you'd care what would happen in my game ;-) If the additional flexibility with the transaction file were allowed, then those are questions *I* would have to answer.

Keep in mind that I already can and do these kinds of things. I can use real txns and keep Lynn from going to California and then later figure out - or not worry about, if that's my choice - what happens to Chris Hoiles. In fact, I already have it planned out for what I will do with the Dodgers when I reach the end of 1966. I expect that (w RAH off) Koufax will continue to be dominant for at least a few years. So I will keep Wills and Tommy Davis and Johnny Roseboro, etc., and see what happens had the Dodgers stayed together but 99.5% of the MLB player moves still happened. And I will make adjustments for the affected teams and players for whom they were traded. Some will work out fine, others will not. Kinda like real life, only different.

The bottom line is that I'm simply asking for more flexibility with the txn file. Would that raise questions like the ones you asked? Perhaps. But we can play historical and still modify LOTS of things in OOTP, and those modifications can result in major deviations from real life. This would be just one more area where we can tweak history.

Last edited by thehef; 12-20-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: grammar
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote