View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #145
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

I'm setting up a similar Uni. I have groups based on careers, though. 'Journeymen', 'Hyped', 'Cinderella' and so on. I am barely working on creating a bit of history similar to you so I haven't used my groups yet. The idea is to easily match fighters realistically. For instance, in a given month I can schedule any 10-20 'Prospects' vs 'Journeymen' fights for each weight class. Or maybe my dominant world champion wants an easy payday - autoschedule from a pool of 'Comebacking' fighters! To me that's what makes boxing awesome - the perfect career crossroads fights.

In a separate Uni I will hold amateur boxing (rules altered to just be 4 round pro bouts with 10 point must and such.) and the best way to describe that is autoscheduled mayhem. Fighters fight however much they are scheduled in mass numbers. Every four years, fighters will turn pro. Their amateur credentials determine how their pro career begins. All amateurs except 'Retired' will revert back one career stage. For instance, a 'post prime' amateur will box professionally debuting in their prime. Short career, but they'll be overwhelmingly talented for rookies. Retired amateurs will be considered guys that for one reason or another never went pro. The amateurs that suck will continue to box as amateurs into their 40's.
Chadness is offline   Reply With Quote