View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #12
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
I've so far replayed 1925-1932, 8 years, out of an historical run of 1925-1951 (minus war years) of a 23 year campaign. When I started, i wasn't quiet sure what I would do when I got to 1951, but recently I'm forming an idea that I think will be fun.

The MAL continues to bounce back and forth between 6 and 8 teams over the next 19 years, finally ending its run in '51 with an 8 team field. I'm thinking it might be interesting to add the 4 most "popular" teams from 1925 to 1951 and organize a 12 team - 2 division MAL starting in 1952.

I would probably take over one of the teams (hopefully the Akron Yankees?) and then report on my attempt to make them the MAL juggernauts.

Two other things;

(1) During the 3 years the league closed for WW2, I thought it would be a good idea to post bios of the 20 MAL players who gave their lives during that conflict, and

(2) Between 1951 and 1952, I would write up a few biographies for the best players in the MAL Replay - maybe the Hall of Fame inductees.

Thoughts?
I think it would be cool for you to continue it after it officially ended with one of the teams in the league. There would be a ton of history in the league and you'd be able to create more as you go. The bios in both cases would be really cool as well.
ayaghmour2 is offline   Reply With Quote