View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 04:20 PM   #3
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
Do you have any minor league roster rule limits in your universe. Age? Years of Service?
Hah. Yes, I was just coming here to post that this was my hypothesis. Based on historical research, I set do have a maximum AAA-age of 34. I think what was happening was these teams were trying to sign the players for their minor leagues, but immediately released them because they were not age-eligible.

As I mentioned, it was the first year of a historical league so things are a little screwy until you get a second class of rookies, experience for the first set of imported rookies, go through a period of free agency, and get a recalc. The talent distribution then evens out.

Now that I realize this, I'll keep an eye out for it and if I see it again, I'll just manually retire the player. If they are not good enough for a major league roster and too old for a minor league roster, they should be retired anyway. I'd rather do that than have 38 year olds in AAA blocking development of real prospects.

Anyway, you can close this for now. It's not a bug, it's just a result of the way my league is set up. Thanks.
01010010 is offline   Reply With Quote