View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 04:10 PM   #33
stevem810
All Star Starter

Minor League Second Sackers

There is an interesting situation developing at second base for our franchise. A lot of us are speculating about pecking order and I'll tell you why.

First, we have Leo Mercier playing for Le Diamant. In his 2nd season he is pretty much treading water with a 0.3 WAR. But, Leo is just 23 years old. He has good defensive range and has shown improvements from his rookie year.

Next, in AAA, we have 22 year old Ewen Joly. Ewen is probably just a bit better with the glove than Leo. At the plate his .874 OPS is making the decision to hold him back difficult for the team management. His power game is developing, and that is something the Diamonds could use more of in the line up.

To complicate the matter, we have our buddy Herve DeLage playing 2b for the AA Parrots. Herve just may be the premier defensive 2b in our system. We already know about his batting stroke, but heading towards the end of May, Herve has really ramped it up. His OPS is over .200 points higher than last year, AND he is playing at a higher level.

I don't know what they are going to do about call ups and promotions. Our head scout, Patrick Beck, was in Basse-Pointe before our last road trip and we asked him what was going to happen.
"We haven't decided anything, yet. But, I'll tell you this much boys, these situations have a way of working themselves out. Even if we call it wrong, in the end, we get it right."

So, look the profiles over while pretending you are the Scout. I mean, the safe thing is, do nothing. OK, here they are....
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 05-22-2018 at 05:54 PM.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote