View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
I am considering running a fictional league from scratch starting in the 1880s. Because of World Wars I and II, the league is going to have to suspend operations completely during those years.

How can I effectively suspend the league for those years, and have the players return being that much older? For example, if I suspend the league for the six seasons of 1940-1945, when we resume in 1946, the guys in their early 20s need to return in their late 20s; mid 20s are early 30s; late 20s are mid 30s; and almost everyone over 33 need to be retired. Plus, I need a fresh crop of early 20s guys coming in from my college feeder league, who will keep playing on a reduced schedule.

IOW, I want to skip right from 1939 to 1946, but all the players have to age those years without playing, with the attendant consequences.

Has anyone either attempted to do something like this, or have a good idea on how to go about this?
Others will be able to answer this more effectively and i am just throwing an idea that someone else mentioned before. I have not tried this but plan on trying this soon. Delete the entire league schedule for those years. No games will be played. Players will age but contracts and such will still happen.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote