View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #54
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
This response infuriated me so much that I decided I had to jump on my computer to make it easier to respond, in detail.

I'm going to quote your original post...

I'm in late august, some 125 games into the season on my Nats team who is 86-39, and I have yet to win a single game that I "played". I probably have 25 of those 39 losses. No joke I have not won a SINGLE game that I have taken the reins. Is something wrong?

I played the games all the time in ootp19 and got a realistic experience for the most part. Now literally no matter what I do if I try to play a game it's a loss, automatically. Is my game bugged?

I specifically bought 20 because they said they improved the 3d animations, and I basically have to completely ignore the "play game" feature because it's always a loss and I don't want to put my team into that much of a hole.

Anyone else have any other similar experience? My team is fine, obviously based on the record, when I auto-sim, but as soon as I play it's game over before it starts. They're usually out to a 5-7 run lead before the 3rd inning every time. I'm frustrated.

I don't want to abandon what I consider a critical part of the game because of this nonsense.

See the italicized portion. Do not try to tell us that you've been saying something different the whole time. It clearly states that you have not "won a single game" that you have "taken the reins of". For a reasonable person, that would indicate that you are playing the games out in their entirety. Now (and I've said it, just as others have), your story has changed again. This is like throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded. Again, I'm someone who plays out EVERY SINGLE GAME. And I mean it. Every single game for my team, I play start-to-finish, in one-pitch mode. (Please don't tell me that you play in pitch-by-pitch mode, because that'll make me play a few games out that way, just to prove my point). I just started a new standard MLB file. I am currently 8-2 (and small sample size, but speaking of trends, I have literally won three, lost one, won three, lost one, won two...) Should I be saying that something's wrong because I haven't won four in a row? (Granted, I haven't played the 11th game just yet).

Bottom line: Don't accuse anyone of making things up or misguided assumptions when we are only going off of what YOU tell us.

And I want to reiterate for anyone who wants to slam me for my "tone" of this post. The OP set himself up for this with post #47.

I'm sorry a post of mine made you feel upset or angry. With that said...

Nowhere in the bolded and italics does it say "played games all the way through" or "completed games in play game". Your understanding of what's originally typed (and re-stated in your copy/paste [thanks, by the way]) requires the addition of words to the original sentences typically called "assumptions". This is text, not speech. Never make assumptions from text without first knowing the author and their typical tone, and even then it's very difficult to do.

Usually respectable people ask questions about what the author meant before summarily assuming it fits their understanding of the posted/written text. If the modifier or adjective for what you believe someone is saying is not in the text upon reading then most likely your belief/understanding of the text is incorrect, or at the very least mislead, until confirmed or edited by the author.

I'm truly sorry you misunderstood my post (no sarcasm here. I'm quite serious), that it doesn't follow precisely how your brain processes English, and that it gets you so worked up (because there's no need to risk anyone's health over a silly baseball message board), but please don't get nasty with me because you can't understand what's written.

If you ask for clarification I'll be more than happy to provide it if you felt my post was too complicated or hard to understand. I would be more than happy to oblige as I have to several others in the thread who asked for more information or clarification.

Besides, even if I was lying and making all this up what would you get out of "catching me in a lie" anyways? (This is not an admission of lying, it is merely me trying to understand why people can't just take someone at their word until proven otherwise instead of trying to pick things apart from the get-go).

If you don't like the way I'm expressing my issue or it's too hard to understand there is no requirement for you to post in here. I won't be offended, and I'm not offended now, that you can't understand. It happens all the time in life. I'm simply posting here seeking solutions and ideas which have been thoughtfully and helpfully provided until your recent post. I've done my best to provide all information I can to get a resolution to the issue. I'm here for answers and helpful suggestions. If you think I'm lying or you just don't like my screen name or something, I will reiterate, you are not required to post in here.

And as someone else said in a recent question, yes, I think it's safe to say that no one has answers as to the reason for my "issue". It will either get resolved or it won't. *shrug*

I would, however, just like to say how appreciative I am for everyone who posted ideas, suggestions, and even dissenting opinions/discussion in this thread. It's been informative and I'm truly thankful. Hopefully I can pay it forward whenever someone else has an issue I can help with.

I invite further comment or suggestion, but I'm fairly certain it's either an issue I must resolve on my own by possibly starting a new franchise, or it may eventually even itself out over a greater sample size.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote