View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 03:32 PM   #483
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
Because I didn't realize I was in the v19 forum when I responded. It would seem easy enough to allow for sorting by the displayed MOV value as well as FB/GB tendency. Easier yet, just allow for sorting by displayed MOV. We can see the FB/GB tendency from the player card in the AH. That's plenty of info for folks to make their decisions. Given that the displayed MOV was the primary driver of pitcher auction value in v19, it seems like folks would want to be able to sort by it in v20.
Sorting by raw MOV and GB tendency wouldn't give you what you wanted. You'd have a pitcher with a 120 MOV and a 12% GB rate and then a pitcher with a 40 MOV and a 76% GB rate. Which one has the higher calculated overall movement? Don't know without figuring out the formula and doing lots of math.

I agree it would be nice, but unless they make the displayed MOV a static value in the database instead of a calculation, it would be impossible because you'd have to calculate the MOV for every pitcher on the AH to sort on it. And that would be done on your computer making it incredibly slow.

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-25-2019 at 03:34 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote