Thread: Historic Draft
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBeach View Post
Ohhh, that makes so much more sense now! Thanks for pointing that out. It's good to know that it expands again after you get past real life - my roster and depth charts are looking pretty dry right now haha.

This is really good to know for future games in historic mode, as this was my first shot at it. I guess as a follow-up question, because there's such a limited number of players in some drafts, does the AI understand the lesser value of the picks? With there only being 10 picks in 2017 for example, in 2016 if I wanted to trade my 2017 first round pick away, would than 2017 pick be less valuable than if I were the same team trading a next year first round pick to the same team in 2030, if that makes sense? Or does the draft class make any difference on the value of the pick at all?

Thanks for the clarification and for all the awesome work you guys do!
I mean, there's nothing stopping anyone from abusing the system no matter what. It's your judgement call what you want to do. It's just what it is right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
Wouldn't it make since to make some sort of in game note to the user about this, and have the game fill up drafts with game generated talent. Having draft classes this small is an absolute immersion killer.

At a minimum, there should be some sort of in game note to the user to explain this. There are lots of things that should be communicated in historic replay that isn't, and the user is guessing. Making the game more user friendly in these aspects should be a big priority for FHM5. Frankly, it's not good enough right now.
The reality is most of our current resources is on Standard Game Mode because that's where the majority of our users play. It's really only affecting a small amount of users at this point. Historical Replay is mostly for those who want to relive Hockey History. It's not trying to hide anything, but there are a few work around to make things happen correctly and right now there's not much we can do. We will continue to add as we can, but there's always going to be a few things that we'll likely never be able to replicate perfectly or leave open to someone abusing it if they want.
Adam B is online now   Reply With Quote