View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #234
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Season records notifications in the PbP text and news stories don't take into effect fresh ones once you've set them in a historical league.

In my current Historical League, started in 1974, the single-season walks record was 170 by Babe Ruth in 1923. In 1982, Dwight Evans set the new mark at 191. In 1983, he had 177, moving Ruth down to 3rd. It is now 1984, and I'm paying more attention to the PBP text, and it was saying that Evans had the "2nd most walks of all time" once he got into the mid-160s. Once he got walk #171, the PBP congratulated him on setting the all-time record. The problem is that he didn't, it's only his third best season!

This may be something that is specific to a particular player's records not being considered. In my "fix Red Sox history" league, started in 1901, Babe Ruth keeps getting credit for breaking the single-season HR record set by any current or past player in the league except for himself. One year, he got credit when he hit #29, and finished the season with 43. The following year, he had 47 HRs, but received a story about breaking the record when he hit #36, because some other player had ended the previous year with 35.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that a player should be measured against his own records, not just the records established by others. I don't know why a player's own records would be a blind spot here, but apparently they are in historical play, at least.

EDIT - To clarify, the leaderboards are fine, but the PbP text and news stories appear to be off.

Last edited by JMDurron; 03-30-2014 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Clarification
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote