View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
I love OOTP, but FM is a more complete sim. Yeah it does serve a different purpose, but it does a better job.

That doesn't mean OOTP doesn't do its job, infact OOTP does it very well, FM is just even better. The players feel alive, there is press to deal with, other members of your staff, owners, directors, you get the feel for the ebb and flow of a season, you have your own career to worry about. It really is a very well made game, and it took many years for it to become what it is.
Yes, this is the same sentiment I have. I find myself wishing OOTP was on the level of FM, (as if it were I would never leave the house again) but the reality of the situation is, it just isn't. A few versions ago I may have argued differently, but I just feel like FM has really made some long strides over the last couple of versions. It has streamlined everything, filled in the holes, and built on top of solid foundations. OOTP has made some strong steps also, but I just don't feel it measures up to the same quality FM does. I'm not really sure it's ever going to either. I keep telling myself it will someday, but the reality of it is, I don't think it will. It may keep making strides, but it feels like SI will always be ahead of the curve regardless. It also appears to me that Markus doesn't really want to create the same type of detail modeled in FM...why can't say that definitively, but it just seems that way to me. I hope I am wrong.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote