View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #36
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I wanted to make a feature request. Can we get sortable columns in the awards voting area?
I'll put it on the list, but I got bigger fish to fry first. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
FYI there seems to be some type of bug in the metrics that determine rookie eligibility. I have a guy that clearly shows as rookie eligible in game that was not placed on the ROY ballot even though he had a 40.9 VORP played in 148 games with 600 plate appearances and probably should be the ROY winner.
Can you link him? OOTP in fact determines rookie eligibility incorrectly. I believe it only uses service time, and the player must have under 45 days of service time to be considered a rookie. Note that the 45 days includes time as a September callup (which it shouldn't). In general, OOTP usually causes people to lose the rookie eligibility too quickly, not the other way around.

There could be a bug in my code somewhere too, I use stats (less than 130 AB's and 50 IP's I think.... I forget the #'s exactly), and ignore service time, due to the fact that OOTP does not track non-September service time. I rather be too inclusive than too restrictive when it comes to rookie eligibility.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote