View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #9
Pike
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
I know this is going to come off wrong, PO a couple of folks, and maybe even derail the thread, but I can't help it after reading the other two threads and not commenting, and now another reference here in this one. So, here goes anyway.

I don't understand why anyone would care if someone else got the game at a better (or worse) price. I pre-ordered, and am in NO WAY WHATSOEVER, upset, jealous, angry or whatever at those who got it for less than what I paid. I got the game almost a full month before them and two days before "non-pre-orders" just as promised; I knew the price when I paid it - just like any other product I buy and agreed to buy it; and I knew that the price could and most likely would change at some point in the future just like any other product.

I've had a few complaints about OOTP, and still do, but their marketing and sales efforts isn't one of them. And I'm posting this not to start an argument but to insist that the feeling that us pre-orderers are somehow upset over the Strategy First purchasers IS NOT unanimous, even if the posting prior to this one was.

YMMV...
That was my point as well yesterday, even before finding out that I've basically purchased a bootleg copy of the game.

I think, as I said yesterday, that most would have been happy to pay the $10 for getting the game a full month or more than this $20 version. Add in this mess about the patch, and well.....you guys are smelling pretty good.

What isn't good, is buying from what you think is a legit source, and then finding out its legit but about to be unsupported.

Markus - I understand that what they are doing is against what you told them to do. But hanging folks like myself to dry does nothing to them. Their reputation with me is cemented regardless. Whether you put a supported patch on this site is what decides the OOTP side of this. I've been buying since OOTP 6--every version at full price except for OOTP 2007. I can't see where adding patch support for this version is unfair. And as I mentioned, if it means paying the extra $20, so be it.

Last edited by Pike; 07-01-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote