View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Overall Team Rating?

I'll either appear obviously stupid, or someone might be able to offer up a suggestion. Better yet, a mod!

I'm looking for a way to give teams an overall rating by gathering the OVR (possibly POT) ratings of the pitching staff (1 value), hitters (2nd value), and fielding capabilities (3rd value, though likely not as "valued") from the 25 man roster. The farm system already has a rating system available, but - to the best of my knowledge - the major league level does not, except the individual position rankings by team OR by position. Perhaps the table that provides these rankings could be gleaned for its data instead of the player ratings proper to achieve this end.

One function of such a rating would be to assist with pre-season prediction commentaries that otherwise take a great deal of time physically looking at each team's rosters. While not perfect in conception, it may provide for a quick look at front-runners. It'd also be a welcome companion - aside from the simple Standings report - to assist in determining how much boost you're offering or receiving in trades.

Rough idea I've had in some scratch notes. Just wanted to get it out there for some thoughts.

Thanks in advance.