View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #31
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Ultimately, it seems to me there are basically two types of PT players; 1) those intent at winning at almost any cost, and 2) those that are limited (by choice or circumstances) in resources - BUT - still want a competitive game.

Group 1 spends money, time, analysis, etc. to drive to the top and then takes enjoyment in forever wins (Can I do better than 148 wins?).

Group 2 puts everything except money in the game and either manages to get to Perfect and spends their days being the punching bag of Group 1 teams - OR - finds a level they can compete, maybe moving up and down a couple levels as one season is better than another.

If the outcome description of Group 2 above gave you the option of finding a comfortable place all the time, I would agree that nothing needs to be done - BUT - what usually happens is teams rise to their level of incompetence ("Peter's Principle") and then, any attempt to deflate your team to get back to even competition is seen as "suspect" because a few teams might make a few extra points on your planned demotion.

In my opinion, I honestly think only the most obvious "tanking" scenarios should be punished - and to be honest - I think the Devs feel the same way. Ultimately, they have to maintain the customer base, and banning people who are only trying to enjoy the game isn't a good business model.

What should be done, however, is some kind of adjustment that better sorts teams into competitive leagues. We all have offered some ideas, but the Devs have to decide what works best with their goals. I only hope they at least TRY to even things up so as to keep as many of us involved over time as possible.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote