View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
BlueWaldo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not really a hosting company. I have a lot of web space for some of my other projects and would like to offer my help to any of the leagues that need it. I love my league (the CBL) and want to make sure leagues are able to continue and don't have to shut down due to hosting costs. Basically I will host your league for free. Because it is free I will require that the space/bandwidth only be used for running an online league (no other persona/business use).

I'm not sure how much space and bandwidth leagues require, but I think what I have listed below will cover it. If you have worried about that, just let me know. CPU usage is more of a limiting factor to me than space/bandwidth so those numbers are flexible. It just helps to have a limit so I can keep track of how much space I have left.

I don't have a website setup for this. Maybe I will set one up soon. Just send me an email, and I will get your account setup. I don't really have a setup procedure setup yet so the first few leagues will have to work with me a little bit, tell me what they need, and test things a bit. After I get a few setups under my belt I come up with a more formal procedure and post it here.

Please don't hesitate to email me if you have ANY questions.

Company Name: No company. My name is Chad
Contact Person's OOTP Forum Username: BlueWaldo
Contact Person's Real Name: Chad DeShon
Contact Person's Email Address: league.host@gmail.com
Contact Person's AIM ID: BlueWald0 (last character is a zero)

Package Name: My only package. Free League Hosting
Package Price: FREE
Space (in Gigabytes): 2GB.
Bandwidth (in GB per month): 20GB.
Upload: FTP, if you want browser upload we might be able to work that out.
URL: You need to have your own domain. (You can have as many domains as you want.) You have to handle registration and renewal, but that is pretty straight forward and I can point you in the right direction. This cost less than $10 per year.
Host Ads: None
User Ads: Allowed. I would prefer you didn't, but it's your league, not mine.
Scripting: CGI, PHP, MySQL, SSI, FrontPage Extensions, Perl, Python, C, Ruby (and Rails)
Pre-Scripts: WordPress (blog), phpBB (forum), Advanced Poll, ZenCart, MediaWiki, Joomla, Gallery, WebCalendar
Date Established: Oct 17 2006
Last Updated: Oct 18 2006
Other Features: MySQL databases, Jabber Chat Server, Cron, Custom error pages, Statistics, log file access, password protected directories (.htaccess)
Email: 30 Accounts: POP3, SMTP, Forwarding, Web-based, Autoresponders, Discussion Lists,
BlueWaldo is offline   Reply With Quote