View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 01:08 AM   #62
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 2027

An eight-game losing streak torpedoed what had otherwise been a good month, and we are now 38-43 overall midway through the season. We actually lead the league in on-base percentage, but we're only 14th in home runs. The starters continue to struggle, with Yoelvis Reyes the only bright spot, with a 3.32 ERA. We're just four games behind in the wild card chase, so no need to give up yet.

Arturo Figueroa broke a finger, which gave me an opportunity to call up 24-year-old outfielder Chris Atherton, who's been hitting .345 at AAA. Atherton came over in an offseason deal for Tirso Ornelas.

Our first-round pick was high school first baseman Mike Berlin, who should make a good hitter but won't offer much in any other areas. I drafted high school pitcher Omari Estwick, college third baseman Jimmy Jensen, and high school catcher Sean Montalvo in the next three rounds. The fifth round pick was college pitcher Jon Osborne, who was an "impossible" sign and miraculously accepted my offer of $3M, about ten times what he claimed to be asking for. Osborne could turn into a dominant starter if he reaches his potential.

Around the league:
-Nolan Arenado (COL) hit career home run #500.
-Carlos Correa (HOU) got his 2000th hit.
Attached Images
jaa36 is offline   Reply With Quote