View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 06:52 PM   #18
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Gonna preface this post by saying that I'm feeling a lot of inspiration for new designs coming into my head lately, so I think I'm going to extend this series by coming up with some new designs, especially for cities that are closer to the precipice of MLB (Portland, Charlotte, etc.). I am not taking requests, and I am not taking name suggestions; I'm going to do what comes to me, and there probably won't be a logical order to it either. But, I think I only have two more teams to post in here after this one, and I wanna keep the party going, so to speak. With that said, here's another entry!

SYRACUSE BLIZZARD
Logos/Uniforms (Imgur)

To be perfectly honest, we're stretching the boundaries of plausibility here. I think I've been able to make a decent case for why any of the above cities could be landing spots for an MLB team, but there isn't really much here. Even in my league of 60, Syracuse has the smallest metropolitan area. I possibly didn't research thoroughly enough, since I decided on locations early in this process and I always thought Syracuse was bigger than it really is. But here we are; I felt I needed another team in the northeast, and I wound up with a team identity that I personally really like. So if you want an additional team in the northeast and like this set of logos, then it oughta work for you too.

It took me a long time to decide on a name for this team; I had stuck with the Syracuse Chiefs moniker for a while but I never really liked it that much. It's fine, but the logo set has altogether way too much beveling for my tastes, so I was ready for a change. The name Blizzard is perhaps an odd choice for a baseball team, since it's the quintessential summer sport, but the one thing that makes Syracuse seem unique to me (even compared to other cities in its region) is its shockingly high snowfall, higher than any major city in the United States at about 115 inches per year (almost 3 meters). A confluence of factors make it unique in that regard; they're close enough to Lake Ontario that they receive lake-effect snow from being downwind from it, but they are also close enough to the Atlantic and New England that they feel the effects of nor'easters as well.

The focus of this set is exactly what you might guess - a snowflake! That going along with the big letter S in a hexagonal shape produces something pleasing, I think. I tried a number of different things, mostly different versions of that S that wrapped around the snowflake instead of combining with it - this one definitely turned out the best. It's available here both with and without the wordmark, and all pieces of both logos have a white border around them so they'll be identifiable in-game. (As usual, hard to see here but very visible in the Imgur album linked at the start of this post.)

A handful of other snowflake-based logos to fill out the set. Any of these could realistically be a cap logo or the secondary logo - I've got the first two, the basic, lonely snowflakes, on caps for you down below.

Jerseys and caps:

The main jerseys are fairly normal, but the other pair are probably the wildest pair of jerseys I've ever made, with snowflakes streaming across from left to right. A team called the Syracuse Blizzard doesn't seem like the type that would keep it super traditional, so if you're into that sort of thing, there you go. You've got a white cap for the white uniform, a blue cap for either the white or gray, and a dark blue cap for the two snowstorm unis.

--------

That's all I have for Syracuse. Next up will be El Paso, I think, and another team that might be viewed as a weird choice by some... see you soon!
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote