View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 11:53 PM   #39
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Geez, one Perfect Series win and the Frogs lose all their fight?!?

I recall you switched up your focus last week (more heavily weighting defense, perhaps?); what sort of strategy are you implementing this week? Not that any strategy matters when your bullpen decides to play with matches...
Last week, I nerfed all of my ballpark factors to minimum and subbed in some glove-first players in place of my usual suspects. I usually have a solid defensive team (Boudreau, Pesky, Simba, Maddox, Spanky etc), but I went over the top last week. Didn't go well. Because my team's success depends heavily on having a top 2 or 3 finish in batting average it would seem.

This week, I figured if dropping the ballpark factors is bad, then maybe...

So aside from homers which I've kept minimized to suit my slap-happy offense, I have all the other factors maxed out. Offense is doing fine, but the pitching on the other hand...

We're not doing terrible though. Started off 15-12 on Monday and have crawled back to .500 after a dismal start today. Have played some pretty good teams, plus had a stretch of 40 games in 42 days, plus missed out on a couple of key auctions for big time SPs, plus have been in limbo with the bullpen. Eh, a combination of things.

Some of the bullpen guys I was counting on ended up having prior stats, so I've been going with some 2nd tier pensmen (Jordan Hicks, Hersh Freeman, Shane Bieber) as I try to sell off the contaminated cards. In that stretch of 8 straight losses I mentioned earlier, the bullpen blew it in 5 of them so...

I picked up 87 Keith Foulke and 96 Koji Uehara today so hopefully they can help out. I've had my eye on that Uehara for quite some time. Plus, the schedule is getting much more laden with off days so I'm dropping Scherzer into a super stopper role and going with a 4-man rotation. I think Mad Max will help out considerably as his stuff plays way up out of the bullpen. We'll see how it goes and thanks for asking!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote