View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #5
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvitz89 View Post
... How would i go about installing these? Also If you were planning updates how would we update them in game? ...
Well, you have to copy the files into the respective folder. That's about it, generally spoken.
There's a quick guide in the "how to" thread here.

They say you should use the "photos" folder, which is this directory:
C:\Users\User\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 4\photos

Personally I'm using a different directory, though. I copy the files into the "player_pics" folder under the "saved_games" directory:
C:\Users\User\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 4\saved_games\your game name.lg\graphics\player_pics

I'm doing this mainly because the "photos" folder is mixing up pics for players and pics for personnel. So you won't be able to use different pics for former players who are in a personnel role now, i.e. Mario Lemieux as a player and a owner. Or the example below, Steve Yzerman as a player and a GM:

In the end it's up to you to decide what you'd like to use and works best for you.

On "updates":
I don't think I'll update this piece by piece. I'm probably going down the road all the way and post the pack in a new thread once it's done. Afterwards I'm planning to expand the pack further on with an update system.
When I'm refreshing/updating the player_pics folder I'm just deleting all the files inside (except the two default files "default_player_goalie.png" and "default_player_skater.png") and copy the new ones in. This way I won't have any unnecessary leftovers in there.
But again, in the end it's up to you how you'd like to handle it.
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote