View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I disagree. If you use the real teams and real schedules, transactions I don't think the stats are that far off any more than 19th century. After all it doesn't matter how many strikes it takes for a K the game still sees a K.
Problem is with all the different leagues and teams it may be better to use a separate database of rookies for each league. Otherwise they all would end up in AL or NL due to abbreviation limit. If its separate and you only have rookies for the players league in that database you shouldn't see Union Association teams or players in that league. Except for transactions.

It's just easier for newbies to use the ootp way because even if they set up the first year what if someone wants to start in a later year with an d number of teams.
But I don't think stats are far off. If you have Radbourn getting 80 wins then maybe its the schedule or something like that.
I do wonder if a player who pitched 600 innings is compared to a player who pitched 200 for that year or is he compared to a modern pitcher for fatigue.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote