Thread: United Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #17
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
The other things to think or are the coperate sponsors that pay the players wages. Maybe not so in the EIHL but it seems to be common in the EPL and below. I seen it quoted on the Telford Tigers website about a player that recently left. Tony Hand at Manchester was earning £1,000 per week last season... again according to 'people who knew' but him being the top player in the league and the Head Coach £500 per week for each role is about right in the EPL for a big name guy.
That ties in quite well with what I was suggesting to Jeff - that we should be aiming for a maximum salary of £30,000 pa for the EPL. The EPL is always going to be a difficult one to get right in the game due to the huge variation of salary (from £30k pa all the way down to pay to play) in addition to the corporate sponsorship you mention (I wasn't aware of that - learned something new!). I think for the sake of playability in game we should be aiming to ensure that the EPL offers the same maximum salary in game as it does in real life (if nothing else, to ensure that in game, older EIHL players and weaker imports are willing to sign).

The same goes with the NIHL - we need something that enables teams to fill their two import slots.