View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
After FA is over, how are the players actually signed in the game? I assume this does not move the signed players to their new teams in the game.
You are absolutely right.

In my league we run have run an auction via the boards for 40 seasons( 6 real life years) and the commissioner(me) waded through the posts and signed players in-game via the player editor. It's one of the unique aspects that we love because free agents can't say "no".

This tool simply organizes everything, provides guidance(especially for new league members) and warnings when time limits have passed or are near, does a lot of math for members and admins so auction rules can be adhered to more easily.

An online league that might want to use this would need to set rules such as:

1. number of bids a team is allowed to place on a particular FA(my league sets it at 3)
2. a % that a counter-bid must add to a previous bid total.(my league sets it at 10% above the previous bid)
3. number of hours a valid bid must stand without being counter-bid, in order to sign that player

At the end, the commissioner only needs to look at the Signed Contracts page, in order to assign FA's in game accordingly, because that list is concise as far as contract details he needs.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote