Thread: P416 standings
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #18
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Sounds like a great deal my friend. Who won the WS you and your friend were going to play out?
I'm glad you asked!

It was unbelievable. I mean insane.

First off we imported the game from OOTP 19 to OOTP 20 to take advantage of the new animations. Not sure if it's a bug or what but there was an INSANE amount of steal attempts. Our Phillies ran ourselves out of innings routinely. The New York Highlanders also to a lesser extent as they has some pretty fast lads.

They definitely had the hitters but we had the pitching with two former Cy Young winners Noodles Hahn and Doc White. Our third starter was injured for the series, Al Orth. Happy Townsend was promoted by the manager to the three man playoff rotation.

Game 1:
Noodles Hahn got ambushed in the first inning as the Highlanders took it 4-2

Game 2:
Phillies come back with a win 7-3 with Doc White on the hill.

Game 3:
Phillies take game 3 9-8 with reliever Red Donahue getting the win.

Game 4:
Phillies win 2-0 on a 3 hit shutout powered by Noodles Hahn.

Game 5:
With the series in their grasp and winning 8-1 in the bottom of the 9th, the highlanders score 8 f'ing runs in the bottom of the 9th to win the game and stay alive. It was unbelievable. The manager left Doc White in the whole inning. We were bummed.

Game 6:
With a 4-2 lead going in to the top of the 8th the Highlanders scored 2 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th to win and force game 7.

Game 7:
With a 4-2 lead going into the bottom of the 8th the Phillies scored 5 runs off Highlanders Jim Buchanan and hold on to win the 1905 world series, the second title in our six years as general manager of Phillies.

As a side note it seems Ed Delahanty is pretty much shot but we drafted Hal Chase last year to take over first base.

Sorry for the long non-PT related post.

Last edited by mcdog512; 03-23-2019 at 04:34 PM.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote