View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 05:16 PM   #8
BillyBuck
Major Leagues

There is one thing that I have really wanted to bring up about injuries.

We currently have 2 different types of injuries:

OUT and DAY TO DAY

An "OUT" injury knocks a guy out for 4-5 weeks. You put him on the D.L. for 15...and then wait another 2 or 3 weeks for him to change to "OK".

Wouldn't it be nice (and realistic) if some "OUT" injuries actually changed to "DAY TO DAY" after a certain amount of time, depending on the injury? You wouldn't want to make their playing percentages too high, though. It would depend on the injury I guess. That way we (as the owner/manager) are responsible for making the determination as to when the player comes back. This is why we would have to make the percentages a little lower, I think...usually when a player is listed with a "DAY TO DAY" injury at 85%, I'm going to play him becuz the reward is greater than the risk. But if you have a player who has a badly sprained ankle who was OUT for 2 weeks and comes back as "DAY TO DAY" at 65%, do you play him or not?

A side note...I think there should be MORE "DAY TO DAY" injuries as the season goes on. Just think of all those little "naggers" that players get from playing so much.

Thoughts?