View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #110
Vinny P.
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
I don't know if this has been posted before in this thread, but the mention of injuries.dat should be eliminated from the manual as the game no longer works that way. In OOTP Baseball Manual - When is the Injury File Used? it says,

I had noticed this in the manual before but I was reminded of it when somebody asked a question about injuries.dat here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...uries-dat.html

My response was,

I see that this is in the Customizing OOTP section of the manual, one that battists has not finished revising yet according to his last status post.
Funny you should bring that up. I recently asked about first_names.txt/first_names.dat. My question either did not make sense, or noone knew the solution, or else I missed something somewhere, and was a completely n00b kind of question that is "too" obvious.

In the manual, it talks about the workaround in the injuries.dat file in which you could simply edit the txt file, create a new universe, copy the new .dat file from the new universe, over the old .dat file in the first universe. The game would then create/use the new injuries.dat file in that universe.

But now you mentioned that the game no longer uses the .dat files. Is that true with the names.dat files as well?

Also, if ootp 9 still uses name.dat, would the workaround in the injuries.dat work the same for the names.dat?

I ask this, because I am STILL having an inordinate amount of "Joes" being created due to my poorly-created/edited names file.

I made a mistake with my names file, but have since fixed it. The game is still creating a bunch of Joes.

Also, since steve is still working on the manual, does he still want us to report misspelled words, and other issues with the manual? There are a bunch of mistakes in the manual, and don;t really want to bother him with every little thing I come across if he is still actively fixing it.

Thanks!
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote