View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #1
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

General Hockey questions

Hi All,

I picked this game up on a Steam sale, because I like management sims. I've started a new game and taken over Milton Keynes in the English League. But now I realized I don't know anything at all about Hockey, and that might be a problem since I am managing a Hockey team. These are the major questions I have:

1. I know NHL teams have four lines. I don't have nearly enough players in England to make up that many lines without dipping into my youth teams. Would a team on the English level need 4 lines?

2. When I see 'winger' I'm equating that to soccer. So do wingers usually control their side of play and try to get assists? Would a right handed player on the left wing tend to cut inside and take more shots than a left handed player?

3. What does the center generally do? Is he the goal scorer or is he more of a transitional player between defense and offense, like a midfielder?

4. I know what enforcers and agitators do, but why would I want them and how do they help me win? Signing an enforcer sounds like signing a baseball pitcher whose only role is to throw at people. And agitators sound like crappy players whose main skill is being a dick.

5. How do the youth teams work? Do I fill them with free agents of that age group and just see how they progress?

and 6. I can't sign any staff because they ask too much money. But I'd like to scout individual players, is there no way I can have someone scout a region AND look at individual players like in FM?

Thanks.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote