View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 08:11 AM   #74
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
The best thing the Knicks can do is let him play 34 MPG. Too many of the European players have been brought over and then not played in their first few seasons.

I want him to succeed since I have seen interviews with him and he seems like a nice kid.
He has been a professional since he was 14 years old and has a good family, is well liked by his team and is already proficient in English.
If he fails I don't think it will be because of some mental of emotional issue.
You do realize how lame this sounds, yes? "Nice kid"? He's a kid alright. He's only 19, he is unproven as to maturity and the fact that he's been playing in a Spanish league with less than impressive stats: "With Cajasol Sevilla last season, Porzingis averaged 10.7 points and 4.7 rebounds in 21.7 minutes a game."

The only thing he's got going for him is that he's 7 foot, one inch tall. But look at him! He's a beanpole! What, he's going to turn into Shaq in a few years?

More likely, he will be another Shawn Bradley. Remember him?
Quote:
Bradley entered the professional ranks as one of the most intriguing and highly debated prospects in the history of the NBA draft. Supporters claimed his tremendous size and surprising athleticism would allow him to dominate the league. Critics argued that he would struggle in the NBA due to his thin build (listed at just 235 pounds) and lack of experience.
And struggle he did. He never did develop into a big man (as opposed to a tall skinny man), even though when they drafted him, "Philadelphia's management saw Bradley as a major project with huge long-term potential." That sounds like what Phil Jackson is saying this morning.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote