View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #62
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommishJoe View Post
I hear ya. I gotta admit that I wasn't surprised. The Knicks appear to be cursed. Did someone kick a goat out of the Garden (referring to the Cubs curse in case anyone missed it)???
I was wondering that myself. Look, I know the Knicks have had some good seasons since the 90's . . . one (2012-13) . . . uh, two . . . no make that one and a half (2011-2012) . . . two and a half (2010-2011, if you count a .512 record as "good") . . . Two and a half (stretching it a bit).

And I am not a typical "New York fan" who cannot stand adversity (so the rest of the country views us). But since 2000, with one small (and brief) blip, the Knicks have been terrible.

And then, to have the LAKERS (10 championships since 1973, as noted above), to come away with the #2 pick in one of those drafts in which a franchise maker (or two) is available, that's just too much.

LA earned their pick by having a crappy record and with dumb luck in the lottery. But look at their record of success in the last of 15 years, the last two notwithstanding.

No championships in 42 seasons could be some other curse but I think I have identified the source of the "New Millenium" Knicks Curse. His name is outlined in the first screen print. Disgruntled over being fired, familiar with voodoo and other shamanism, no doubt. This terrible stretch all started right around then . . .
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote