Thread: Online Leagues?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #88
FlexD
Minors (Double A)

I've been around OOTP since version 5 which to me was one of the most solid stable versions there has been. I find SP very boring, whether it's OOTP or FOF, but Markus has identified a nitch, I would probably do the same if I were him. KEEP this in mind, he sales many more copies of his games to the SP community than the MP community. He has to A)sale as many copies of his game as possible, B) He has to make some money, and sadly the MP community isn't his bread and butter. It's sad that OOTP has chosen this direction for their initial release, but it doesn't surprise me. Just take a look at the forum and see how many posts there are under OOTP general discussion and FOF general discussion, that says it all. FOF isn't a priority with OOTP at the moment. They will probably roll out a game around Christmas time make a bit of cash, and maybe, just maybe continue the work on FOF. As I stated before they have a business model that's been successful with OOTP, and I don't expect anything different with FOF. The SP community WANTS an editor and it's coming, Markus isn't stupid he listens to the SP community as he should, many more sales are made there than MP. Expect patches and new releases of FOF to be geared towards the SP crowd. I've seen it in OOTP. Yes he rolls out small updates and small features for MP, but we've been asking for things in MP over the years and are still waiting. I for one can't control the direction FOF will go, but I have an idea. I was skeptical with this merger when it was announced for the above reasons, and I still am. I do feel that Markus will release a solid FOF game, more geared towards SP than anything else. There is a question to be answered and hopefully it will be answered soon. Is this the vision that Jim had when he merged with OOTP, if so then it is about the Bottom Line as Fatcat stated. Oh and one more thing, in life it mostly always is about the greenbacks!

Last edited by FlexD; 09-18-2018 at 11:54 AM.