Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #14
The_Knuckler
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwal View Post
I think the OOTP affiliation can be seen both as a blessing and as a curse by the FHM team. I mean, I understand that people can expect FHM to be OOTP on ice because of that affiliation, but as some have said, hockey and baseball are completely different sports and FHM is not OOTP, just like Football Manager is not OOTP. I don't think people would compare FHM to OOTP if it was published by someone else. I prefer to compare it to EHM, because that's the other big hockey sim on the market and since FHM3, I'm having more fun with FHM than EHM.

Also, Sebastian has clearly said in the past that the main focus of FHM is the standard game, not the historical or the fictional modes. Still, it's nice to have them even though they're not perfect. And to answer one of the OP questions, yes, you can change your custom teams and leagues logos. I think it's explained in the manual, but I haven't checked in a while.
Part of what makes OOTP so great and sets it apart from all the other sports sim games is the customizability of the game and the level of detail you can change. As someone who primarily plays custom leagues, this comment comes as a great disappointment to me. When you have such a great platform as OOTP at your disposal to create this game, and then you omit many of the features, and then charge the same price as OOTP, you are slapping your fans in the face.

FHM, in my opinion, is a game for playing a standard NHL sim in present day. Personally, if that remains the case, I’d just stick with EA’s NHL series, because you can do so much more in that game.

For what it’s worth, I hope the developers read this. You no longer get to freely ride the coattails of OOTP’s success. You’ve lost my loyalty to this series until you implement the same customizability as OOTP. I will no longer be spending my hard earned money on a game that is only a fraction of what it should and could be based on the resources you have a available to you with OOTP. After four iterations of this game, there are no excuses for why the only major improvements year over year are roster updates and minor game features.

Last edited by The_Knuckler; 11-24-2017 at 09:40 AM.