Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 01:57 PM   #10
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
If OOTP has been so sucessful for so long, they must be doing something right. Wouldn't it make sense to take a look at what they're doing and copy that?

Look, while baseball and hockey may be two differnet sports, running a franchise or a league is pretty much the same. You align divisions, set up a playoffs, a schedule, set a budget based on the amount of tickets you expect to sell...

I'm not a baseball fan, so never played OOTP, but from what I've heard and seen, the historical and custom leagues are way ahead of FHM. The FHM team should be confering with the OOTP team to see how to implement all this, seeing what kind of code they used, how they worked it into the existing framework. You have tons of people saying I want to love this game, but here's what's hurting that. But I see time and again the team glazing over the sugesstion forum and putting in stuff nobody asked for. (Goalie heat ratings, a confusing startegy system, crowd noise sound effects. Seriously, you put more effeort into sound fx than re-implementing the ability to change divisonal lineup from FHM 1 that everyone keeps asking for?)

I'm sorry for the rant. when FHM 1 was announced, I said this was the hockey sim I've always wanted. But I've yet to see it. And every year we're asked to pony uo $40 to support the game in the hopes that maybe in several years we'll get the game we want.
While I'm sure the two teams are in communication about ideas, I'm also pretty sure it's not as easy as swapping coding. There are likely lots of compatibility tests on top of the time it takes to code something into the game.

We aren't "expected" to do anything other than offer our thoughts on what bugs exist and what we would like to see in the game. Buying the game is something that is completely up to you after you research your purchasing decision.