View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #2
chavac
Bat Boy

Update: Not sure why, but it appears that the AI is simply going for best player available by rating as opposed to rating + positional value. Normally they will target CF/SP early in the draft, which rightfully soaks up a lot of the premium options that are available, not literally 15 relievers in a row (not even any SP). I've never run into this in the prior 2 versions, but it appears that it's an issue of them considering all positions of equal value when the active roster is empty and simply going after highest rating available (usually RP). Even then, it's puzzling because they were selecting several 60's/70's overall rating RP but didn't prioritize Britton (who was higher rated than several picks) or a 70 position player (at least by my scout). Not sure if that's a control vs contract decision or what. Regardless, I've found that actually populating their MLB roster with replacement level players (running this several times and each time deleting anyone with an overall rating 40+) prior to the expansion draft basically puts their mentality in line with prior versions and they will overall draft a sensical team.

Last edited by chavac; 03-20-2019 at 07:26 PM.
chavac is offline   Reply With Quote